Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"God that was stupid..."

+3
Norf Dakoda
MarieSmiles
CAT
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1"God that was stupid..." Empty "God that was stupid..." 15th February 2014, 6:51 am

CAT

CAT
Admin

Post some stories about some dumb/funny shit that you did!

We can all laugh at you together! Smile

EXAMPLE:

When I was an exchange student in PA, I went with a friend (Cal if you remember him) to watch his Odyssey of the Mind team compete and that was all fun and good and after everyone had competed there was a judging break so we all went around the back of the building to a park to play Ultimate Frisbee. Now, I had never actually played this game, it's not popular in Australia but hey, they said it was like football but with frisbees. Got it.

So when we started playing I was determined to be COOL so I ran straight at the guy with a frisbee, a guy called Ryan who was 100% beanpole. Now i'm 5'10" and about 80kg and the memory of his face as I sprinted at him and crash tackled him into the DIRT, sending him FLYING and snatching the frisbee out of his hand, rolling over and attempting to score a goal(?) will stay with me until my dying day. Only when I noticed that noone else was moving I noticed what had happened.

So apprently TL;DR, Ultimate Frisbee is NOT a contact sport :V

http://monstertux.tumblr.com

2"God that was stupid..." Empty Re: "God that was stupid..." 15th February 2014, 9:22 am

CAT

CAT
Admin

come on guys don't leave me here all alone :'(

3"God that was stupid..." Empty Re: "God that was stupid..." 15th February 2014, 9:30 am

MarieSmiles

MarieSmiles
spaghetti sous-chef
spaghetti sous-chef

OH MY GOD YOU DIDN'T

http://margaretjordan.tumblr.com

4"God that was stupid..." Empty Re: "God that was stupid..." 15th February 2014, 9:38 am

CAT

CAT
Admin

hell YEAH i did

5"God that was stupid..." Empty Re: "God that was stupid..." 15th February 2014, 9:38 am

CAT

CAT
Admin

I'm Australian! You tell me it's a sport, I assume that tackling is involved!

6"God that was stupid..." Empty Re: "God that was stupid..." 18th February 2014, 1:34 am

Norf Dakoda

Norf Dakoda
egg wannabee
egg wannabee

Ok time for me to tell the water bottle story. A day for me that will go down in infamy. So one day in band we were all finishing up the day and I was putting away my instrument. For whatever reason, I had a water bottle with me, Arrowhead if I remember correctly, and it fell off the table I was using to put away my instrument. I watched it fall and saw that it bounced. I thought "Oh, that's kinda cool." So I picked it up and lightly tossed it to the ground, resulting in it bouncing higher. Then for whatever reason it went through my mind that the entire class should share in my revelation. So, I grabbed the water bottle again, shouted "HEY EVERYBODY, WATER BOTTLES CAN BOUNCE!" and promptly spiked that bottle into the ground in front of me with all the force I could muster.
Now, in my mind I expected that the water bottle to bounce to even greater heights, and everyone would be impressed. However, at this time Arrowhead had just introduced their "Eco-Bottles" that used like 25% less plastic or something. So the bottle didn't bounce like I predicted it to. Instead, it exploded and water went flying all over the room leaving a foot-wide water stain in the carpet of the band room. Now I am reminded constantly by my friends of this day of shame.

7"God that was stupid..." Empty Re: "God that was stupid..." 18th February 2014, 1:50 am

CAT

CAT
Admin

Bless you Aaron hahahahaha

8"God that was stupid..." Empty Re: "God that was stupid..." 18th February 2014, 2:40 am

Pancakes!

Pancakes!
egg wannabee
egg wannabee

I installed a virus on someone's computer at work once.....

My job is to remove viruses  Neutral 

9"God that was stupid..." Empty Re: "God that was stupid..." 18th February 2014, 5:06 am

Kyuri

Kyuri
spaghetti sous-chef
spaghetti sous-chef

when i was in elementary school a popular thing to do was to try and get the eighteen wheelers that went by to honk their horns at us kids. so we'd go and signal at them to do so next to the fence. so i was halfway across the playground one day when i saw one coming, and broke into a straight out sprint for the fence to try and get the eighteen wheeler driver to honk at us again because it amused us so. now, the only bad thing was that there was a telephone pole on the playground. that i knew to look out for. however, there was a catch- it was anchored to the ground with a wire. so i'm running, full out sprint, and figuring i'll run near the pole- next thing i know, i'm on the ground with this huge red line diagonal across my face, because lucky for me, i ran smack dab into it.

also i one time was playing tiddly winks and had the brilliant idea to stick one up my nose and nearly had to go to the hospital to get it removed. no, i wasn't two, or three. i was nine. i'm just really stupid.

also i turned my own internet off by accident while playing minecraft and me and my dad spent a whole day trying to figure out what was wrong just for him to smile, look at me, and press the button to turn it back on after three hours trying to see if there was a virus on there causing a problem.

also one time after gym class in middle school one time i put my shirt back on while changing, but i put it on both inside out and backwards and didn't realize it until nearly time to go home.

http://buickregalracecar56.deviantart.com, wolf-queen-kyuri.tumb

10"God that was stupid..." Empty Re: "God that was stupid..." 18th February 2014, 6:14 am

SkyKeepsFalling

SkyKeepsFalling
egg wannabee
egg wannabee

Kyuri's story made me think of this:

Last year all the freshman in the WISE program got red shirts with the logo during our move in weekend. Well we had to wear them to this large event and I put mine on backwards and seriously went all day wearing it like that not even noticing it looked different than everyone else's.
The best part was I wasn't the only one who did/has done this.

But I've also always been into martial arts and my eighth grade year my friends and I would some times mock fight outside and I thought I'd be all cool and try to trip my friend from behind and I ended up tripping backwards myself and just looked really dumb.

I'm not the most graceful person. Another time I was sparring with my partner and somehow he managed to trip over my foot and fall so I laughed but then two seconds later I somehow accidentally stepped on his pant leg and fell.

One more story: I moved and switched were I went for practice and it was like my first class this kid was holding the punching bag to kick. I didn't even think about how well the kid was holding it or the size difference between us I just flat out nailed it pretty hard and knocked the poor kid over into a chair. Great first impression man

End Sky dumbness

11"God that was stupid..." Empty Re: "God that was stupid..." 18th February 2014, 6:20 am

Kyuri

Kyuri
spaghetti sous-chef
spaghetti sous-chef

i just make really stupid decisions. like jumping on my brother's bunk bed (the top bunk) and ending up breaking my pinkie. or running in the house, tripping and hitting my head so hard on the wall i literally saw stars and knocked off a chunk of paint (which i literally glued back to the wall with a glue stick and it's still stuck there).

12"God that was stupid..." Empty Re: "God that was stupid..." 18th February 2014, 6:26 am

SkyKeepsFalling

SkyKeepsFalling
egg wannabee
egg wannabee

I grew up with two brothers we made dumb decisions A LOT. Like we thought it'd be a good idea to shoot fireworks at toy army men on a dock and nearly shot one into the house instead.

Or the time we caught a toaster on fire with a pop tart.

13"God that was stupid..." Empty Re: "God that was stupid..." 18th February 2014, 6:34 am

Kyuri

Kyuri
spaghetti sous-chef
spaghetti sous-chef

my brother nearly set our house on fire once with chicken wings in the microwave that he put in there for twenty minutes because he read the cook time for the oven instead. and once with a chick fil a wrapper that he put in the microwave and it ironically burnt right where it said do not microwave.

14"God that was stupid..." Empty Re: "God that was stupid..." 18th February 2014, 6:40 am

SkyKeepsFalling

SkyKeepsFalling
egg wannabee
egg wannabee

My middle school used to have microwaves until people kept catching them on fire. I my sixth grade year put tin foil in one not even thinking about it and luckily another kid saw it and grab it.

But then when I was in like 8th grade someone did the same thing but no one caught it so suddenly one of my teachers is just running out with a smoking microwave.

15"God that was stupid..." Empty Re: "God that was stupid..." 18th February 2014, 6:50 am

Kyuri

Kyuri
spaghetti sous-chef
spaghetti sous-chef

i nearly set my barbies on fire. on purpose. as a kid. for some odd reason i was fascinated with putting their hair on the hot light bulb of the lamp in my room. simply because i thought i was hair styling them.

i nearly killed my entire family to pretend i was hair styling barbies. to this day i don't understand why i thought a lamp would work for that.

16"God that was stupid..." Empty Re: "God that was stupid..." 18th February 2014, 7:04 am

SkyKeepsFalling

SkyKeepsFalling
egg wannabee
egg wannabee

I like how this thread has turned into people nearly burning shit down. Don't play with fire kids

17"God that was stupid..." Empty Re: "God that was stupid..." 18th February 2014, 7:15 am

king eg

king eg
egg wannabee
egg wannabee

speaking of microwaves...
when i was much younger, i tried to make mac and cheese in the microwave???
and i forgot to put water in the bowl. so it was just the pasta and the cheese dust stuff.
6 minutes later the whole kitchen was smoking and the fire alarm went off.
oops.

18"God that was stupid..." Empty Re: "God that was stupid..." 18th February 2014, 8:05 am

MarieSmiles

MarieSmiles
spaghetti sous-chef
spaghetti sous-chef

During my failure of a year at college, my roommate and some of our friends were going to a party, and they all wanted to get drunk. So they weren't going to be able to drive from said party. Therefore my roommate came up with the idea that I would drive her car there (so I could know where it was), then when they were ready to leave, I'd come pick them back up. Okay, cool, I could do that. I get in her car to drive them there, and I can't get the lights on because she didn't have automatic lights like my car at home did/does. This was embarrassing a little on its own, but I got it going, drove them the couple of blocks away, came back, parked in the dorm parking lot (which I was nervous about doing because only people with special permits could park in the parking lot right there and we had security trucks that drove around and checked the cars), and went back to our room. Flash forward to like two hours later when I get a call from my roommate saying they were ready to come back. Awesome, I'll come get y'all. I go out into the parking lot with her keys, get into her car, and it won't start. The battery is completely dead. When I'd come back to the dorm after dropping them off, I'd forgotten to turn her lights off, thus draining her battery. I had to very sheepishly call her and tell her I couldn't come pick them up, so they had to walk the like 8 or 9 blocks back, in the cold, in high heels because that's what most of them had worn to the party. Luckily my roommate was smarter than I was, so when she got back, she called campus security with a really good excuse as to why she needed a jump start from the parking lot she wasn't supposed to be parked in. I still feel really embarrassed about that like 2 years later.

http://margaretjordan.tumblr.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum